Italy's medical and pharmaceutical markets have unique characteristics and are exceptionally challenging. Most Italian hospitals, universities and research instituitions are public entities.
Life science companies are required to comply with specific rules and formalities that are driven by national and EU laws. Understanding the rules and procedures can prove extremely challenging for newcomers to our market.
We have the experience and contacts necessary to assist our clients in all aspects of their dealings with Italy's public administration in areas such as contract negotiations, public tender procedures and dispute resolution.
Our life science practice includes:
- Joint ventures and project finance agreements with public entities
- Venture capital investments
- Agency, distribution and licensing agreements
- Product liability and medical negligence claims
- Regulatory requirements for the distribution of medical devices and pharmaceutical products
- Data protection law
- Factoring agreements and securitization of receivables